JOB TITLE: Industry Sales Business Development Representative
Full Time, Salary Exempt
Candidate can locate anywhere in the US
Medstreaming/M2S is a leading Healthcare Data company focused on using Real World Evidence and data science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. We harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics, and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward. We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. We invite you to reimagine healthcare quality outcomes with us. You will have the opportunity to play an essential part in helping our clients drive healthcare evidence forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes.
The Ideal Candidate
- The Business Development (BD) Representative works collaboratively with other colleagues in the following manner:
- Identify prospective Medical Device Manufacturers
- Promote the use of MS/M2S registries to evaluate the real-world performance of medical devices manufactured by the respective devices.
- Assist in creating compelling value propositions around the value of such RWE in product design and indications for use decisions.
- Responsibilities include full-cycle sales processes including:
- Market/Target identification
- Creation of demand generating collateral in collaboration with Marketing
- Conduct lead generation campaigns
- Lead generation through Industry events, conferences, and regional meetings
- Securing and managing individual prospect/client meetings
- Listening and understanding client needs and translating them to proposals for MS/M2S solutions
- Addressing client concerns/objections
- Writing proposals for new and expansion business opportunities
- Defining pricing for projects, negotiating, and closing business.
- The BD Representative is expected to develop credibility with customers/prospects quickly, build trust through professionalism and knowledge of their business drivers, and how MS/M2S services and products help achieve their objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Exhibits an executive presence with analytical ability, a broad business perspective, and excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Has the ability to understand Device manufacturer business drivers and monetize the value of our services toward their objectives.
- Thrives in a team environment and takes a collaborative approach to realize an opportunity.
- Establishes trust within teams, is eager to learn, and is proactive in taking the initiative and driving towards results.
- Is dynamic and adaptable, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in parallel.
- Has demonstrable sales or business development experience, ideally with medical devices or products.
- Define potential markets and assist in the development of demand generating materials for prospecting and closing
- Create a campaign strategy toward the creation of new prospects that potentially benefit from MS/M2S solutions and services
- Identify and develop new accounts and follow up on existing leads
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key target accounts
- Manage assigned accounts to generate both incremental and repeatable annual business
- Initiate and manage RFI and RFP processes and negotiate terms for all account programs and projects
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure complete and professional delivery of service solutions
- Expand product portfolios into untapped markets prioritized by high yield returns
- Collaborate with leadership and management to maximize account coverage
- Maintain a knowledgeable understanding of changing regulatory guidelines and mandates affecting the industry community
Highly Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree. Degree in life sciences preferred. MBA or comparable business experience a plus.
- Demonstrated (3+ years) sales/BD experience and successful track record selling professional services. Preference to experience with Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Medical Device or Clinical Research Organizations
- Full sales cycle experience is required: Prospect, identify opportunities, Propose Solutions (writing proposals), Negotiate, Close
- Strong written and verbal skills, value-oriented proposal writing, and proposal management experience
- Experience leading and working collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams across multiple functional areas and development phases.
- Experience in Regulatory Affairs and Clinical Affairs a plus
- Willing to travel throughout the US, estimated up to 70%
- A clinical background, such as nursing, or substantial clinical exposure through extensive clinically related business experience
- Selling consulting services and products to regulatory and clinical affairs
- Possess an understanding of the regulatory process for both pre-marketed and post-marketed stages of a product
- Experience working with regulatory affairs departments, product safety-related departments, or regulatory submissions.
- Understanding of and experience with FDA and CE regulatory requirements relative to developing strategic regulatory development plans, and preparation, filing, and managing of 510(k) / PMA submissions and Technical Files for CE marking, Post Market Clinical Follow-up (PMCF), and Clinical Evidence Reports (CER)
- Experience utilizing health economic models
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits package, and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason, we offer a comprehensive benefits plan that includes the following:
Medstreaming is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- 401K and Company match
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee life insurance
- Disability insurance