JOB TITLE: Industry Sales Business Development (BD) Director
Full Time, Salary Exempt
Medstreaming/M2S is a leading Healthcare Data company focused on using Real World Evidence and data science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. We harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics, and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward. We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. We invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare evidence forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes.
The Ideal Candidate
- The Business Development (BD) Director works collaboratively with other colleagues in two key areas for the company:
- Medical Device and Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- Promote the use of MS/M2S registries to evaluate the real-world performance of medical devices and drugs.
- Responsibilities include full-cycle sales including:
- Market/Target identification
- Securing and managing client meetings
- Listening and understanding client needs
- Addressing client concerns/objections
- Writing proposals for new and expansion business opportunities.
- Defining pricing for projects, negotiating, and closing business.
- Interact with medical societies to expand the use of the MS/M2S real-world evidence and registry platform to additional medical societies.
- This includes those without a current quality improvement registry product and those with existing registries that could benefit from the MS/M2S registry platform.
- The BD Director is expected to quickly develop credibility with customers/prospects and build trust through professionalism and knowledge of MS/M2S services and products in achieving client objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Executive presence with good common sense and judgment, along with a broad business perspective with excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Ability to understand client/prospect business drivers and be able to monetize the value of our services
- Thrives in a team environment and takes a collaborative approach to peer leadership.
- Establishes trust within teams, is eager to learn, and is proactive in taking the initiative and driving towards results.
- Is dynamic and adaptable, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in parallel.
- Has substantial business development experience, ideally with medical devices or products.
- Prospect target accounts who potentially benefit from MS/M2S solutions and services
- Identify and develop new accounts and follow up on existing leads.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key target accounts
- Manage assigned accounts to generate both incremental and repeatable annual business
- Initiate and manage RFI and RFP process and negotiate terms for all account programs and projects
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure complete and professional delivery of service solutions.
- Expand product portfolio into untapped markets prioritized by high yield returns
- Collaborate with leadership and management to maximize account coverage
- Maintain a knowledgeable understanding of changing regulatory guidelines and mandates affecting the industry community
Highly Preferred Skills and Experience
- Degree in life sciences preferred. MBA or comparable business experience a plus.
- Must demonstrate a sustained (8+ years) and successful track record selling professional services to Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Medical Device, and/or Clinical Research Organizations
- Demonstrated track record of success working with senior-level management in a fast-paced growth environment is essential.
- Full sales cycle experience is required: Prospect, identify opportunities, Propose Solutions (writing proposals), Negotiate, Close.
- Strong written and verbal English skills, quality-oriented proposal writing, and proposal management experience
- Experience leading and working collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams across multiple functional areas and development phases.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in Regulatory Affairs and Clinical Affairs a plus
- Willing to travel throughout the US, estimated up to 40%
- Clinical backgrounds, such as nursing, or substantial clinical exposure through extensive clinically related business experience
- Selling consulting services and products to regulatory and clinical affairs.
- Possess an understanding of the regulatory process for both pre-marketed and post-marketed stages of a product
- Experience working with Regulatory Affairs Departments, Product Safety-related departments, or Regulatory Submissions.
- Experience with data-mining or statistical signal detection products
- Understanding of and experience with FDA and CE regulatory requirements relative to developing strategic regulatory development plans, and preparation, filing, and managing of 510(k) / PMA submissions and Technical Files for CE marking, Post Market Clinical Follow-up (PMCF), and Clinical Evidence Reports (CER)
- Experience utilizing health economic models
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package, and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason, we offer a comprehensive benefits plan that includes the following:
- 401K and Company match
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee life insurance
- Disability insurance
Medstreaming is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities.