Full Time, Salary Exempt
Medstreaming provides technology and services for the healthcare industry to manage clinical information and utilize it to improve the quality of patient care and reduce costs. Powered by our advanced technological infrastructure and years of experience working in a regulatory environment, Medstreaming is the leader in enterprise healthcare management solutions.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for assisting the Controller with all month end procedures, including journal entries and analysis. This position will work directly with the Controller to develop and maintain accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Senior Accountant may have contact with senior-level Executive’s and the VP of Finance which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Maintain and Administer the accounting system
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare and record Capitalized Development activities and amortization, and all other Asset related activities
- Prepare and record Journal Entries
- Prepare month end analysis of Balance Sheet accounts
- Analyze reports to ensure accuracy and recording of all revenues and expenses
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Tax activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting or 5 years’ experience in similar role,
- Five to seven years prior experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Word, Google Workspace, and NetSuite Accounting Software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits package and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason, we offer a comprehensive benefits plan that includes the following:
Medstreaming is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- 401K and Company match
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Paid time-off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee life insurance
- Disability insurance