Accounts Payable Specialist
The Accounting Payable Specialist is responsible for all areas relating to Accounts Payable and purchasing. This position will be responsible for entering new vendors, entering invoices, processing approved purchases, cash receipt entry, and fixed asset entry. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including journal entries, month-end close analysis, and year-end audit preparation. This position requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal. Remote work will be allowed for this position.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Basic accounting functions of A/P from vendor setup to disbursement in an accurate, timely manner
- Review and record expense reports and ensure they meet the company policy
- Record application of daily cash receipts to accounts receivable
- Create and maintain a positive relationship with vendors and internal customers
- Order materials based on approved RFP’s and ensure critical purchases are reported according to policy
- Prepare prepaid expense and intercompany due to/from reconciliations
- Prepare and record Fixed Assets, Patent Costs, and Capitalized Development activities and amortization
- Prepare and record Journal Entries
- Analyze reports to ensure accuracy and recording of expenses
- Ensure invoices and month-end processes are completed timely.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Tax activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Responds to inquiries from the Accounting Manager or VP of Finance regarding financial results, special reporting requests, and the like.
- Work with the Accounting Manager to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
Technical Skills and Prior Experience
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting or 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Five to seven years of prior experience in accounting.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong initiative skills required.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines required.
- The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages, and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason, we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- 401K and Company match
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Work/Life resources
- Employee life insurance
- Disability insurance
M2S is an Equal Opportunity Employer